photo SweetStephyAnn-HEADER_zpsec6c93de.png Sweet Stephy Ann: Father's Day: Pumpkin Cheesecake.>>

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day: Pumpkin Cheesecake.



I know what you're thinking...
Pumpkin in the Summer?!

Well, my sweet dad has been hinting around to get me to make him this recipe for the past few months.
So, I thought what better time to surprise him than for Father's Day!

Plus, let's just be honest & say that pumpkin is delicious anytime of year.
You can't go wrong in my book. ;)



Here's what you'll need:
Graham Cracker Crust- 2 cups crushed graham crackers / 1/4 cup sugar / 1/4 cup melted butter
Pumpkin Cheesecake- 4 8-oz packages of cream cheese (at room temperature) / 11/2 cup brown sugar / 1 can pumpkin puree / 3 large eggs / 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon / 1/4 teaspoon salt / 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

What you'll do
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, & sugar in a bowl. (A fun little mess-free tip for making graham cracker crumbs- put graham crackers in a plastic ziplock bag, & go over them with a rolling pin until they are all crushed.)
Pour the mixture into a 9" spring form pan, & press the crumbs into the bottom & a little bit up the sides.
Bake the crust for about ten minutes & let it cool to room temperature.
Next, beat the cream cheese & brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. 
Mix in the pumpkin puree, & then the eggs one a time. 
Then, stir in the cinnamon & vanilla.
Pour the cheesecake batter into the coolest crust.
Finally, bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set.



You'll want to let the cheesecake cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge overnight.
I added a little something extra & spread some caramel topping over the cheesecake (because I am the topping queen).



I love this recipe because it makes a rich & really creamy cheesecake. 
Plus, it's pretty simple to make, so that makes it even better!

I hope you enjoy it with all of your loved ones! :)


Now, I'd just like to throw some major love out there to the dearest daddy in the world. I am so incredibly thankful to have the most loving & caring man as my father. :)



Recipe revised from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sweet Stephy Ann | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012