photo SweetStephyAnn-HEADER_zpsec6c93de.png Sweet Stephy Ann: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cupcakes.>>

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cupcakes.




It's definitely been a little bit since I've had the free time to bake up something spectacular. 
It seems like life is pulling me in about ten different directions daily, so I was really excited to have some extra time to whip up this VERY sweet recipe.

I was Pinteresting the other night and came across this recipe for some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. It was exactly what I was looking for.
Because, let's just be honest, what's better than chocolate AND peanut butter all together, right?



You'll need:
For the cupcakes: A box of devil's food cake mix / A 5.9 ounce box of instant chocolate pudding mix / one cup of greek yogurt / one cup of oil / 4 eggs / half cup of water / 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

For the AMAZING Peanut Butter frosting: 2 sticks of softened unsalted butter / one cup of creamy peanut butter / 3 cups confectioners sugar  / 1/4 cup milk / 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

What you'll do:
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. 
Put batter into cupcake liners- but you should already know that. ;)
Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
Let these delicious little guys cool off while you make the frosting.
Cream the peanut butter & butter together until it's creamy. 
Add the milk & vanilla, then blend.
Add the confectioners sugar one cup at a time until nice & fluffy.


I will warn you, This frosting is SO good. I had a hard time frosting the cupcakes because I just kept eating the frosting by itself. oops. ;)

You can feel free to frost however you want. I drizzled hot fudge and crumbled Reese's cups over the top. But it's completely up to you how you want to live your life & decorate your cupcakes. I'm a big fan of adding all those extra little goodies on top, though. Just in case you couldn't tell.


I hope you enjoy!
& please don't hold me responsible for causing you to go into a diabetic sugar coma. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sweet Stephy Ann | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012